Cancellation Policy: Our terms are as follows:
|Over 70 days prior to departure||Loss of deposit|
|70-30 days prior to departure||50% of total invoice(s)|
|Under 30 days prior to departure||100% of total invoice(s)|
|Where airline tickets require full payment at the time of booking, the full cost of the airline ticket will be lost according to the airline's conditions plus the holiday cost as detailed above|
1) Cancellations are only effective on receipt of written notification.
2) Cancellation charges will be levied as detailed above on the invoice when travellers cancel confirmed reservations.
- Should you fail to take up your booking or tour, or join it after departure or leave it prior to its completion, no refund can be made and no credit will be granted.
- Please note that we do contract the services and accommodation of third parties who have their own cancellation policies that may differ from ours and these must be adhered to.
Chaka Travel, including its representatives, employees and agents will take no responsibility for any costs or losses incurred or suffered by the traveller, traveller's dependants or travelling companions, with regards to, but not limited to, any of the
1) The transport, meals, entrance fees, accommodation and other facilities and services that are to be supplied, in respect of any booking or package, are those specifically stated in the itinerary, for which the traveller contracted. Each package requires the organisation of transport, meals, entrance fees, accommodation and/or other facilities and services. In the absence of specific instructions from the client, Chaka Travel has no direct day to day control over its suppliers and accordingly accepts no responsibility for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, irregularity and/or inconvenience which may be occasioned by any defect in any object utilised by any supplier for the supply of any service or by an act or omission or negligence of any supplier or its employees or agents.
2) Chaka Travel shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense of any nature whatsoever suffered by the traveller arising from the loss of or any damage to any property the cancellation or curtailment of any tour sickness, quarantine, weather conditions, war, strikes, riots and/or any other cause of any nature whatsoever.
3) In the absence of negligence on its part, Chaka Travel accepts no liability for the death of, injury to, loss and/or damage to, any person and/or property arising out of any act or omission of Chaka Travel, the supplier, any employee or agent of Chaka Travel or any supplier. The traveller shall be deemed to have waived, renounced and abandoned any and all rights and entitlements to which the traveller may be entitled under the provisions of United Kingdom Law for any loss or damage to person and/or property.
4) In the absence of negligence on its part Chaka Travel shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expenses should sickness or an accident interrupt a tour, and no refund shall be made, either total or partial, of money paid.
5) Travellers shall be solely responsible for complying with the formalities required by police, customs, immigration, health and all other authorities at the point of arrival, departure and whilst in transit, in each and every country. Whilst Chaka Travel will endeavour to provide the traveller, prior to departure, with the latest information concerning such regulations and restrictions it shall not be responsible and does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies or omissions in this regard.
6) Chaka Travel reserves the right to decline to accept, or to retain, any traveller as a member of any group or on any tour at any time as a result of the non-payment of any amount due in respect of such traveller or if such traveller interferes with any member of any group and/or causes a disturbance or nuisance. Chaka Travel also reserves the right to demand and/or claim money from a traveller in respect of their travels should the said monies not have been paid to Chaka Travel prior to the traveller's date of travel.
7) All information contained in Chaka Travel's brochures, websites and/or itineraries and/or price inserts are to the best of Chaka Travel's knowledge correct, however Chaka Travel accepts no liability for any inaccuracies contained therein.
8) All travel arrangements, such as flight bookings, reservations of hotel accommodation, reservation of motor transport and the like, made by Chaka Travel are subject to the booking conditions and cancellation provisions of the supplier thereof.
9) Chaka Travel reserves the right to alter or substitute routes, refreshments, meals, accommodation, itineraries, tours, services, vehicles and/or arrangements should conditions necessitate it. Substitutes of equal value will be offered where possible.
10) If in the opinion of Chaka Travel the fulfilment of any tour is considered impossible, illegal or if in Chaka Travel's opinion inadvisable because of weather conditions, avalanches, strikes, war, government interference and/or any other cause not arising from Chaka Travel's negligence, Chaka Travel may at any time cancel such tour or what remains of it or make alterations in the route, accommodation, price and/or any other aspect thereof as it thinks fit, and any losses and expenses resulting from such cancellation or alteration shall be borne by the traveller.
11) Airlines: in the event of cancellation or failure, for any reason whatsoever, to use confirmed space, as ticketed, 25% to 100% of the applicable airfare will be forfeited. A change of reservation will attract a penalty. Extension of ticket validity is not permitted, save when a passenger is hospitalised due to illness or in the event of
12) Delays: Chaka Travel cannot be held responsible or liable for any delays or additional costs incurred as a result of airlines not running to schedule.
13) Baggage: for safety, and due to space restrictions, baggage in light aircraft charter aircraft is generally restricted to a maximum of 12kgs per person in a soft bag! This includes camera equipment and carry-on baggage.
14) Disabled travellers: Chaka Travel will gladly advise on possible holiday options,
15) Passports and visas: the onus is on the traveller to ensure that their passports are valid for travel and that they are in possession of valid visas for all countries being visited and that all necessary health certificates for these destinations are in order. Chaka Travel, its staff and agents cannot be held liable for any visas, or costs thereof, not obtained by the traveller prior their departure.
16) Departure Taxes: Please note that certain airports and certain countries charge departure taxes that must be paid in cash on departure by the traveller and cannot be pre-paid.The onus is on the traveller to provide such payments which are often required in US Dollars cash.
17) Health: the onus is on the traveller to ensure that all the required vaccinations and inoculations for the countries being visited have been obtained. Please note that many areas of travel within Africa and the Indian Ocean are Malaria areas and all travellers must consult their doctors before travelling and ensure that all anti-malarial precautions are taken, followed and advised upon at the time of travel.
18) Wild Animals: Many Lodges in Africa are not fenced off and the areas travelled to have wild animals. Attacks are rare, but no guarantee can be made that this will not occur. Neither Chaka Travel, its employees or agents can be held liable for any injury or incident whilst within a wildlife area.
19) Chaka Travel shall not be bound by any representation, warranty, promise or the like not recorded herein or agreed to in writing by one of its directors.
20) No addition to,
21) No indulgence that Chaka Travel may grant to any party shall constitute a waiver of any rights of Chaka Travel who shall not thereby be precluded from exercising any rights against the traveller which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
22) Any claim or dispute which may arise between any travellers and Chaka Travel including any claim for loss or damage due to injury to person or property shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom.
23) In all matters where it is or may become necessary to have recourse to the court, the courts of the United Kingdom shall have sole jurisdiction to the exclusions of the courts of any other country and the law of the United Kingdom shall prevail.
24) In these Terms and
View our terms and conditions.