MauritiusFor over 20 years we have been the world’s leading Mauritius golf holiday specialists. We also are Mauritius honeymoon specialists and also have arranged many Mauritius weddings. Mauritius is one of the most idyllic tropical islands on the planet and we also provide beach holidays for those who just want to enjoy this tropical paradise. Bathed in sunshine, Mauritius is one of the most exclusive golfing destinations anywhere in the world and it is not uncommon to hear Mauritius being described as a paradise for golf holidays. Your golf travel to Mauritius can include the following golf resorts Constance Belle Mare Plage, Heritage Le Telfair, Constance Le Prince Maurice, Heritage Awali, Anahita Golf & Spa Resort, Four Seasons Mauritius and Shangri La’s Le Touessrok Mauritius.
From the crystal clear waters surrounding the white sandy beaches to the lush rainforests of the Black River Gorges National Park, this Indian Ocean retreat has something for everyone…. Mauritius is a paradise island in the warm turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean with pristine white sandy beaches, gently swaying palms and aromatic blossoms. This picturesque island is renowned for its elegant hotels and the friendliness of its people. The island’s lagoons and beaches are amongst the world’s finest. Apart from offering great beach holidays, this tropical paradise is a perfect destination for golf, weddings and honeymoons and fishing. The island can easily be combined with Dubai or South Africa for a great two-centre holiday. Beach With some of the world’s finest beaches, Mauritius is the ultimate tropical paradise holiday and apart from just relaxing in the sun most resorts include some free watersports and diving is widely available. Weddings We have many years experience arranging weddings in Mauritius and will happily take care of all the arrangements to make your special day as enjoyable as possible. For groups, we offer free wedding arrangements. Honeymoons Mauritius is one of the world’s most romantic destinations with high-quality resorts, amazing beaches and excellent honeymoon discounts. We know the resorts and look forward to making sure you get your dream honeymoon. Twin Centre For a great bush and beach holiday, a trip to Mauritius can easily be combined with spending time in South Africa. Mauritius can also easily be combined with Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Seychelles. Fishing Mauritius is a paradise for big game fishing. The waters abound with big game fish, including blue and black marlin, sailfish, yellow-fin tuna, wahoo, skipjack tuna (Bonito) and shark (including Hammerhead, Mako, Black and White Fin). Big game fishing is practiced throughout the year in Mauritius although the best season for Marlin is from October to April. These are truly world record waters.
Golf Holiday Offers in Mauritius
Golf Tours and Tournaments in Mauritius
Honeymoons in Mauritius
South Africa and Mauritius is the ultimate safari and beach combination. Nothing is more special than the true safari experience in the heart of the African bush to start your honeymoon before flying to the beautiful island of Mauritius for some luxurious
Hotels and Resorts in Mauritius
Constance Belle Mare Plage Mauritius Golf Resort is a superb resort with a relaxed informal atmosphere which we can’t recommend highly enough for your Mauritius golf holiday. Enjoy unlimited free green fees on the Belle Mare Plage Mauritius Golf Resort’s two superb courses – The Links and The Legend.
Mauritius golf holidays at Heritage Le Telfair are ideal for your Mauritius golf travel as it has one of the best courses, Heritage golf course. The resort is in a tasteful French colonial style, the ambiance is classic and charming, with floor to ceiling French windows opening onto verandas with beautiful views of the surroundings.
A Mauritius golf holiday at Long Beach Resort includes free daily golf at the nearby iconic Ile Aux Cerf Golf Club and the Anahita Golf Club. The resort is on an expansive beach on the eastern coast and Long Beach Mauritius challenges the ordinary with its distinctively bold, island chic, vibrant offer.
With its luxurious space and choice of activities, Sugar Beach Resort & Spa welcomes golfers as well as families and honeymooners, allowing each their very own space and pace. Enjoy complimentary green fees at the Tamarina Golf Club allowing this to the ideal setting for a Mauritius golf holiday.
Frequently Asked Questions about Mauritius
- The Best Resorts with golf courses on site or nearby
- Map of Top Mauritius Golf Resorts & Courses
- 10 Best Golf Resorts in Mauritius with Free Green Fees
- Where to Book a Competitive Golf Package to Mauritius
- Is the East or West coast of Mauritius better for Golf Holidays?
- Best All-Inclusive Golf Resorts in Mauritius
- Can you Learn Golf while on Holiday in Mauritius?
- What Skill Level or Handicap do I Need to Play Golf in Mauritius?
- What to Wear on the Golf Course in Mauritius
- Top 10 Golf resorts with Luxury Spa Facilities in Mauritius
- Which Airlines will Fly from the UK to Mauritius?
- How long does it take to Fly from the UK to Mauritius
- Airline Charges for Golf Clubs to Mauritius
- My Golf Clubs or Hire clubs in Mauritius?
Mauritius – One of the Best Year-round Destinations for Golfing HolidaysMauritius offers a collection of world-class golf courses by renowned golf designers, in tropical settings and with perfect, year-round golf weather. Mauritius offers best value from April through to June and Sep into October. That said, the subtropical climate means the weather is suitable for golf all year-round and the heat is never unbearable. Mauritius was named 2016 Golf Destination of the Year for the Africa, Gulf States and Indian Ocean region, the second time it has won this award.
What are the Best Golf Resorts in Mauritius with golf courses on site or nearby?You don’t have to travel far or arrange transfers to the golf courses in Mauritius if you stay at the right resort. Our favourite golf resorts in Mauritius either have golf courses on site or a short drive away by shuttle bus, or even better, by boat! Here are our recommendations for Mauritius resorts with golf courses nearby:
- Our top pick is the Constance Belle Mare Plage which has two 18-hole championship golf courses on site, the Legend Golf Course and the Links Golf Course.
- Next door to the Belle Mare Plage is the Constance Le Prince Maurice, just 10 mins from the two golf course at the Belle Mare Plage.
- The newly opened Constance C Palmar is further down the east coast and only 10 mins from the two excellent golf course at the Belle Mare Plage. Within 25 minutes are two further courses at Four Seasons Golf Club Mauritius Anahita and the Ile Aux Cerfs island golf course.
- 5 minutes by shuttle from the Four Seasons Mauritius at Anahita is the newest and most spectacular golf course in Mauritius, the Four Seasons Golf Club Mauritius Anahita.
- Anahita Golf & Spa Resort is right beside the Four Seasons Golf Club Anahita.
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort is just 5 minutes from the Heritage Golf Club. The golf course adjoins the resort so you can take a golf cart directly from the hotel to the course.
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort – again the Heritage Golf Club is only a 5-minute transfer from the resort on the shuttle bus.
- Shangri La’s Le Touessrok Mauritius – the Ile Aux Cerfs island golf course may be 15 mins via boat, but what an exhilarating way to travel to the golf course!
- Sugar Beach Resort & Spa is just a short drive away from Tamarina Golf Club.
Map of Top Mauritius Golf Resorts and Golf Courses
What are the 10 Best Golf Resorts in Mauritius with Free Green Fees?You don’t have to budget for green fees in Mauritius as most of the golf resorts offer complimentary green fees in the hotel rate for golfers. Some hotels even include golf buggies and allow Chaka Travel to pre-book your tee times in advance. As a hotel resident you don’t have to worry about the cost of a round of golf as with free green fees, Mauritius presents excellent value for money to golfers, especially for the keen golfers who like to play golf every day.
- Best value is the Constance Belle Mare Plage where residents have complimentary access to the two 18-hole championship golf courses on site, the Legend Golf Course and the Links Golf Course.
- The newly opened Constance C Palmar offers free daily golf on the Constance Belle Mare Plage’s two Championship golf courses. [as above link to http://www.chakatravel.com/hotel/c-palmar-by-constance-19600 on GOLF anchor] Free shuttle transfers and buggies are included in Chaka Travel’s prices.
- The Anahita Golf & Spa Resort offers the ultimate golfing experience, with complimentary golf on two exceptional 18-hole golf courses: Anahita and Ile Aux Cerfs island golf course. Golf is complimentary on both courses which includes green fee, 55 practice balls and 1 hour of daily golf initiation. Golf cart is available with a supplement.
- The Four Seasons Resort Mauritius offers complimentary unlimited golf at the Four Seasons Golf Club – including green fees, golf cart with GPS and a pyramid of golf balls.
- At the Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort golfers enjoy free green fees at the Heritage Golf Club.
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort – resident golfers enjoy free golf on the spectacular award winning 18-hole Heritage Golf Course.
- Shangri La’s Le Touessrok Mauritius includes free daily golf on the iconic Ile Aux Cerfs island golf course.
- Long Beach Resort includes free daily golf at the nearby iconic Ile Aux Cerf Golf Club and the Anahita Golf Club.
- Sugar Beach Resort & Spa offers golfers complimentary green fees at Tamarina Golf Club.
Where to Book a Competitive Golf Package to MauritiusTo avail of the free golf offers and to get the best value and service it is best to book with a specialist UK-based golf tour operator, who can advise on when the best deals are available. Specialist golf tour operators will have half-board and all-inclusive golfer packages which include green fees and sometimes range balls in the deal. They will be able to ensure there is flight availability before booking your accommodation as they have access to the full range of flight options at the best prices. They will arrange your airport transfers in advance, whether you want a luxury car or more competitive shared transport. They will also be able to advise on the best time of year to travel, on which course you will need a golf cart and can help you by booking your tee times in advance. Chaka Travel are one of the biggest providers of golf holidays to Mauritius and the 5-star EXCELLENT rating on Trust Pilot speaks for itself. They will take the hassle out of arranging your golf holiday to Mauritius by giving you expert advice on the best choice of resort and golf courses for you, and by booking your flights, accommodation, airport transfers and golf tee times in advance.
Is the East or West coast of Mauritius better for Golf Holidays?Golfers are spoilt for choice as both the east and west coast of Mauritius offer a range of scenic coastal golf courses. The eastern coast of Mauritius is an untouched, verdant stretch of paradise, perfect for golfers who appreciate scenic coastal views while golfing. On the East coast you have the Links Golf Course and the Legend Golf Course, two fabulous 18-hole courses at the Constance Belle Mare Plage, home of the Mauritius Open. Further down the east coast, you have the unique Bernhard Langer designed island course, Ile Aux Cerfs island golf course, at Shangri La’s Le Touessrok Mauritius. This is one of the most scenic golf courses in Mauritius with the added thrill of boarding a boat with your clubs to access the island course. Not far away is the Ernie Els designed Four Seasons Golf Club Anahita, the newest championship golf course on Mauritius, and one that could quite quickly become the best in Mauritius. Home to the AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open 2018 – the only worldwide tri-sanctioned tournament endorsed by the European, Sunshine and Asian Tours. The six stunning ocean front holes culminate in a final shot that is among the most spectacular in the world. The west and south west of Mauritius offer a wide variety of golf courses. On the west coast of Mauritius is the Tamarina Golf Course, more protected and generally less windy than other courses. In the South West is the Heritage Golf Club, host to the AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open, and accessible from either the Heritage Awali or Heritage Le Telfair. The course designed by Matkovich & Hayes offers magnificent views of both the sparkling ocean and the mountains. Recognised as one of the Top 10 golf courses in Africa and winning the title of “Best golf course in the Indian Ocean” at the World Golf Awards (2014 & 2015 & 2016 ), this award winning course provides an enjoyable yet challenging experience for golfers of all handicap levels. On the south-west tip of Mauritius is Le Paradis at Le Morne, set out on a promontory against the backdrop of Le Morne Peak, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, a magnificent setting for a golf course. The course is not too difficult, but has a lot of water and offers several challenges, especially on the holes along the coast.
What are the Best All-Inclusive Golf Resorts in Mauritius?There are several first-class golf resorts in Mauritius offering all-inclusive board with free golf. Favourite all-inclusive resorts with our clients are:
- Constance Belle Mare Plage 5* – offers an all-inclusive upgrade to their ‘Cristal All Inclusive Package’ [include a link to the relevant part of the page on http://www.chakatravel.com/hotel/constance-belle-mare-plage-2151]
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort 5*
- Heritage Awali Golf and Spa Resort 5*
- Constance C Palmar 5*
- Ambre Golf and Spa Resort 4*
- Tamarina Hotel Golf & Spa 4*
Can you Learn Golf while on Holiday in Mauritius?Many golf resorts in Mauritius have a resident PGA golf pro and offer coaching sessions with the golf pro either individually or as a group. For example, the Four Seasons Golf Academy offers one hour of free golf initiation daily to all guests. Anahita Golf & Spa Resort offers one hour of golf initiation every day to the Resort’s guests. The Heritage Golf Club offers expert tuition for adults and kids from a resident Golf Pro. For kids new to golf, The Heritage offers SNAG classes (Starting New at Golf method). The Belle Mare Plage has its own golf academy with professional and qualified golf instructors. Coaching sessions are available both individually and in a group.
What Skill Level or Handicap do I Need to Play Golf in Mauritius?Golfers at all skill levels can enjoy the golf courses just as well as the most demanding professional players. With the diverse range of golf courses in Mauritius, you will find a choice of golf courses catering to whatever level you play at. Use our experts at Chaka Travel to guide in choosing the right Mauritian resort and golf courses for your skill level.
What to Wear on the Golf Course in Mauritius.The dress code is quite relaxed for players on golf courses in Mauritius. Generally, any golf attire suitable for warmer weather is acceptable. For Ladies, with the warm Mauritius weather, shorter slacks such as capris, crops or shorts are advised. Skorts (a combination of a skirt and shorts) and golf dresses are also popular choices. For Gents, light-weight golf trousers, golf shorts and a polo or collared shirt are all acceptable. Not forgetting a golf cap or wide-brim hat for sun protection, although a golf buggy will also offer good protection from the sun. For anyone travelling without their full golf equipment, it is possible to buy golf clothing or to hire either golf clubs or shoes. For example, Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club’s extensive Pro Shop has everything you could possibly need, from sunscreen to golfing attire, shoes, balls and more. If you have left your clubs or shoes behind but don’t want to buy, they also offer the option of hiring clubs or shoes.
What are the Top 10 Golf resorts with Luxury Spa Facilities in Mauritius?Mauritius caters not only for golfers but for spa lovers as well. For a post-golf massage or for non-golfing partners, Mauritius resorts have some of the finest spa facilities in the world. With well trained staff and a wide selection of treatments there is something for golfers and non-golfers alike. We can recommend all of the below resorts for their excellent Spa facilities.
- 5 star Constance Belle Mare Plage
- 5 star Constance Le Prince Maurice
- 5 star Constance C Palmar
- 5 star Anahita Golf & Spa Resort
- 5 star Four Seasons Resort Mauritius
- 5 star Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort
- 5 star Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort
- 5 star Shangri La’s Le Touessrok Mauritius
- 5 star Long Beach Resort
- 4 star Tamarina Hotel Golf & Spa
Which Airlines Fly from the UK to Mauritius?Air MauritiusDirect Services from London to Mauritius Air Mauritius operate 3 direct services weekly between London (Heathrow) and Mauritius on Friday , Saturday and Sunday returning from Mauritius to London (Heathrow) on Thursday evening , Saturday Morning and Saturday evening. They also operate a Wednesday services during July to October. Regional daily connections via Paris (CDG) Air Mauritius also offer daily services to / from Mauritius via Paris (Charles de Gaulle Airport) from seven regional airports in the UK – Aberdeen / Birmingham / Edinburgh / London Heathrow / Manchester / Newcastle. Regional departures via London (Heathrow) Flights to/from Mauritius via London (Heathrow) from Aberdeen/ Belfast/ Edinburgh/ Glasgow/Jersey/Manchester/Newcastle are also offered. British Airways Travel to Mauritius from London Gatwick (LGW) in under 12 hours. BA’s direct flights to MRU depart three times a week and increase to five times a week from November to March, ready for the Mauritian summer. Emirates For flight from London to Mauritius with good connection times, Emirates have a great choice of 2 daily flights between London Gatwick (LGW) and Mauritius (MRU), 2 daily flights between London Heathrow (LHR) and Mauritius (MRU) and 1 daily flight between Stanstead (STN) and Mauritius (MRU). Further flights with a longer stopover times are available with EK. Air France Air France partner with Air Mauritius to offer daily flights to Mauritius via Paris. Turkish Airlines Turkish Airlines fly 3 times a week from Dublin via Istanbul to Mauritius. Connecting flights are available between Aberdeen, Birmingham, Belfast, Edinburg, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle and Mauritius via London Heathrow, Paris or Amsterdam. All flight schedule information is subject to change. Contact Chaka Travel for up to date information on flight availability and your best options for flights to Mauritius. We at Chaka Travel will ensure there are suitable flights to and from Mauritius available before booking your accommodation in Mauritius.
How long does it take to Fly from the UK to MauritiusDirect flight times are typically 12 hours to fly from the UK out to Mauritius and 12 hours 30 minutes for the return flight to the UK.
How Much Will the Airline Charge Me to Take My Golf Clubs to Mauritius?Depending on which airline you are flying with, taking your golf clubs with you can be an additional expense. It’s important to check which airlines include golf club carriage in your included luggage. Here are the airlines that provide a free of charge golf bags service or include golf equipment as part of your luggage allowance, to and from Mauritius (information accurate as of November 2017) :
- Air France (more details here) golf clubs carried free if you join the Frequent Flyer club
- Air Mauritius (more details here) golf clubs carried free of charge
- British Airways (more details here) golf clubs are extra at around £130.00 per set
- Emirates (more details here) golf equipment included within the 30kg luggage allowance
- Turkish Airlines (more details here) golf clubs carried free of charge
Should I take My Golf Clubs or Hire Them When I Get to Mauritius?We will give you up to date advice regarding golf club carriage, as all the airlines have different policies e.g.Emirates luggage allowance is generous enough to allow free golf club carriage whilst BA are charging… But if you want to travel light and perhaps only play a few games of golf, the option to hire clubs can be appealing and clubs can be rented either at the airport or at the resorts.
Golf in Mauritius
Top Hotels in Mauritius
Top Golf Courses in Mauritius