Mauritius Weddings & Honeymoons
Mauritius Weddings and Honeymoons
For over 20 years we have specialised in weddings and honeymoons to the paradise island of Mauritius. With our intimate knowledge of Mauritius, we can recommend the ideal resort for your Mauritius wedding or honeymoon. Having arranged Mauritius weddings for many couples and their guests we know how to turn the stress of planning a wedding abroad into a simple hassle-free process for you. Mauritius is definitely one of the best honeymoon destinations and a personal favourite of ours. Talk to us for things to do in Mauritius that will make the most of your special time away in paradise.
Mauritius HoneymoonsMauritius is the perfect place to celebrate your honeymoon by staying at a luxury resort with fine dining, enjoying the beautiful beaches and romantic sunsets. We have extensive knowledge of the resorts in Mauritius and can help you choose the best resort for your Mauritius honeymoon. Mauritius is a honeymooner’s favourite, offering stylish and elegant hotels on pristine sandy beaches. The island is a rich and diverse mix of cultures, which is reflected in both the architecture and the food. We offer a selection of resorts where the service is five star but genuinely friendly. Mauritius is more than just a honeymoon beach destination as many resorts offer a wide range of sports activities including tennis, golf and water sports. The island offers plenty of visitor attractions for those who wish to explore inland.
Honeymoon Treats and OutingsThere are lots of possibilities for outings and treats to make your honeymoon special, such as:
- a special meal in an exclusive restaurant
- luxury private airport transfers
- spa treatments
- explore the island by sea on a catamaran
- a helicopter ride or helicopter transfers
- a hot air balloon trip
- a sailing trip or a speed-boat trip
- swimming with dolphins
- flowers and champagne to the room
Mauritius WeddingsHaving arranged weddings in Mauritius for many couples and their guests, we know how to turn the stress of planning a wedding abroad into a simple hassle-free process for you. We will guide you through the process, helping you to choose the ideal resort for your wedding. All weddings can be personalised to your specific requirements whether it’s a barefoot wedding on the beach, a golf-themed wedding or a romantic wedding on a jetty overlooking the sparkling Indian Ocean. You can confidently leave all the arrangements in our hands and we will use our expertise and local knowledge to make your wedding day special for you.
Why get married in Mauritius?The tropical island of Mauritius is well established as one of the top honeymoon destinations for wedding couples. Many couples are now choosing to combine their wedding and honeymoon abroad at a fraction of the cost of a wedding in the UK. We have extensive experience in arranging weddings in Mauritius and can handle all the arrangements for you. The procedure is very simple and with English as the official language of Mauritius, this helps to make it easy to tie the knot. Unlike some other destinations that allow multiple ceremonies a day, most of the resorts we use in Mauritius only allow only one wedding per day!
Beach Wedding, Barefoot Wedding, Golf Wedding – your personalised weddingMauritius is renowned for its palm trees, beautiful white sandy beaches, blue lagoons and plentiful coral reefs offering a choice of idyllic wedding locations. We have arranged many personalised weddings, such as a wedding for a golfing couple on the tee box of the signature 17th hole at Belle Mare Plage Golf resort and romantic barefoot weddings on the beach.
Tailored wedding package and dedicated Wedding co-ordinatorBoth, in our office and out in Mauritius we have specialist wedding co-ordinators to ensure a problem-free process. All of our recommended hotels offer wedding packages and we can tailor these to suit you. They all have dedicated wedding co-ordinators to ensure everything runs smoothly on the day. Once you are out on the island you will be allowed to choose the perfect spot to exchange your vows whether it is in the tropical gardens or on an endless sandy beach.
Only one wedding per dayNot all resorts will guarantee that there will only be one wedding per day at the resort. When we arrange your hotel wedding ceremony we will advise which resorts can guarantee only one wedding per day. This means you can choose to hold your wedding ceremony in a hotel where you don’t have to share your special day with another wedding party.
Wedding GuestsWe can arrange for the wedding guests to stay either at the same hotel as the bride and groom or at a separate hotel from the wedding couple. Guests may want to consider a more economical hotel or wedding couple may prefer more distance from their guests and that can be arranged. We will provide individual quotes to any guests travelling with you.
Religious CeremonyWe can also help you to arrange a religious ceremony in a place of worship. A civil wedding will need to be conducted before the religious ceremony. Your civil wedding may be performed in Mauritius or in your home country before departure. Catholic and Hindu weddings are just a couple of the religions that we can offer. Please contact us to discuss the options available.
Included in your Wedding Package
- Our specialist knowledge and advice
- Services of a wedding coordinator at the hotel
- Legal fees, Court fees, publication of wedding bans and Civil Status Officer fees
- Transport to and from Civil Status Office
- Assistance locally with all formalities
- The wedding packages vary from hotel to hotel but usually include a wedding cake, a bottle of wine or champagne and a special dinner or breakfast in your room. We will discuss all of this with you
Optional extrasWe can easily arrange a wide range of optional extras, in addition to the standard options listed above. If you have any other needs please just let us know, no matter how wild or wacky these are we will do our best to provide them.
- Services of a professional photographer
- A video of the ceremony
- Bridal bouquet and Groom’s buttonhole
- ‘Pamper treatment’ for the Bride consisting of a make-up, body scrub, body wrap and massage
- Music to accompany your ceremony
Legal RequirementsWhat documents we need from you: Your wedding ceremony can be held practically anywhere you wish. 8 weeks before your departure date please send a certified copy of the following documents to us and we will send them to Mauritius.
- Copy of the first 3 and last 3 pages of your passports
- Copy of your birth certificates. International birth certificates are accepted. These must be officially reissued and date stamped within 3 months of the wedding
- If either of you are divorced or widowed, certified copies attesting the divorce, the death of the spouse of the previous marriage will be required
- It should be noted that divorced women intending to marry in Mauritius within 10 months of the divorce pronouncement, will need a local doctor’s certificate of non-pregnancy
- In case of a name change – a copy of the Deed Poll document
- We will then handle all the arrangements with the civil status office in Mauritius
- In case of adoption – a copy of adoption certificate must be provided
- If any of the documents are not in English, they must be officially translated to English and these copies provided also
- Important: Remember to bring all the original documents with you to Mauritius without these you will not be able to get married
The ProcedureSoon after your arrival in Mauritius, our wedding coordinator will take you to visit the Civil Status Office in Port-Louis where you will need to present the necessary original documents. Next, you will be taken to the Supreme Court to swear an affidavit followed by a visit to the local Civil Status Office for the publication of the bans. Your wedding coordinator will ensure all this takes place 2 to 3 days before the wedding date. You will need to be in Mauritius a minimum of 3 working days before the ceremony. On your wedding day: The officer will come to you and conduct the ceremony.
Renew your vowsMaybe you would like to renew your wedding vows to mark a special anniversary or have a family present. We can assist with finding you the perfect location and look after all the details to allow you to celebrate your marriage one more time. To talk about your own Mauritius wedding – contact our specialists.
Mauritius Weddings & Honeymoons
Top Hotels in Mauritius for Honeymoons
Top hotels in Mauritius for Weddings
Contact Us for
Renewal of Vows in Mauritius
Tropical beach weddings
Wedding Anniversaries in Mauritius
Mauritius Weddings & Honeymoons Enquiry